POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : flight over fractal mountains and lakes [~577KB Mpg] : Re: flight over fractal mountains and lakes [~577KB Mpg] Server Time
18 May 2024 17:11:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: flight over fractal mountains and lakes [~577KB Mpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 27 Jul 2000 21:15:19
Message: <3980dea7@news.povray.org>
I put another animation at http://members.xoom.com/omniverse/mtnlakes.mpg
and it's just a tiny 180x90 res., but 320 frames.  The odd resolution is
incompatible with CMpeg (or my media players) so it's rough around the edges
but a good file size at 704KB.  Would have been 950KB posted here so I
thought it best to upload to the web space.
Things to note about it:  a mysterious lake depth change occurs near the
beginning.  Only the texture is scaled but neither the plane that makes the
water surface nor the isosurface has a scale in it themselves.  Not a clue
as to why this is.
This animation is doing a time-lapse sort of thing with snow and vegetation
changes which might not be too noticeable at first.  I've got to get a
spline path put in!  The camera is not moving too well yet.
Enjoy it for what it's worth.

Bob