POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : flight over fractal mountains and lakes [~577KB Mpg] : Re: flight over fractal mountains and lakes [~577KB Mpg] Server Time
18 May 2024 15:40:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: flight over fractal mountains and lakes [~577KB Mpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 27 Jul 2000 13:24:19
Message: <39807043@news.povray.org>
"Christoph Hormann" <Chr### [at] schunteretctu-bsde> wrote in
message news:3980340C.1718DE93@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de...

| Just saw your animation today (i'm not reading p.b.a that frequently) and
liked
| it, even though your plane's pilot seems very drunk :-) RMF seems very
good for
| animations.

Albeit slow.  With AA on, and a postage stamp sized180x90 frame, my 500MHz
PC does each at an average of 50 seconds.  Multiply that by 320 as I
currently am doing and it's about 4 1/2 hours per full test.  Not terribly
bad, but not fast by any means.

| BTW for your information: My download rate from your ProHosting-Adress was
about
| 33kb/sec while i got 58kb/sec with your xoom-accout.

Hey, wow, that's good to know.  Bad for ProHosting, but good for XOOM.  Been
thinking it over and with XOOM offering up plenty enough space (500MB
storage) and direct links I might as well use it more rather than quit it.
I reread the TOS and I'm not too worried about them using content on their
site for the sole purpose of promoting themselves.  Just wouldn't want it to
go beyond that.  'nuf said.

Btw, cable modem, DSL, dial-up?  Which is it you use there, may I ask?

Bob