POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : mesh exploser : Re: mesh exploser Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:24:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh exploser
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 26 Jul 2000 18:50:51
Message: <397f6b4b@news.povray.org>
Gibus <gib### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:
> I don't think that colefax macro can explose mesh objects,only csg
objects.
> with my macro you can explode a model made with spatch for exemple.
> but the exploder macro of c. colefax is very complex:it detect a contact
of
> the particules with the ground.you can specify the number and the scale of
> the particules.
>
> actually,i'm thinking about new features like colision detection on any
> surface with the trace() command of megapov.

The original Object Exploder will indeed work with mesh and patch objects,
giving you the option of differently shaped and sized particles other than
those that follow the facets of the mesh (although you cannot use solid
particles).  Also, the ground plane features aren't all that complicated (in
theory).  Any complexity comes from handling multiple collisions without
persistent variables, macros, or other, newer-than-POV-3.0 features.

However, exploding a mesh by its triangular structure should be faster and
more efficient than the generalised method of Explode.inc, so thank you,
Gibus, for making your work available.  It's always very nice to see others
using and customising my files in original ways!