POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : VRML : Re: VRML Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:26:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: VRML
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 26 Jul 2000 14:34:29
Message: <397f2f35@news.povray.org>
"rsibbald" <rsi### [at] julianuwoca> wrote in message
| Is there any way to convert a POV scene or series of scenes to a
| VR type world with user control over what is being looked at???

If there is it's sparsely populating the internet.  I stumbled across a
VRML/STL/POV-Ray *exporter* but couldn't see any further info about it:
http://www.atthis.com/atthis_us/aideen.htm
Another place, in Japanese, describes a brief POV-Ray/VRML comparison.
There's just so little POV-Ray conversion out there.
Nearest thing I know about might be converting a POB (Povray 3.0 Binary) to
VRML 1.0 using 3DWin: http://www.stmuc.com/thbaier/  Unfortunately I don't
have it here to check, but another person has said it's possible.  View
"control" is a whole other matter.

Bob