POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : flight over fractal mountains and lakes [~577KB Mpg] : Re: flight over fractal mountains and lakes [~577KB Mpg] Server Time
25 May 2024 13:32:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: flight over fractal mountains and lakes [~577KB Mpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 25 Jul 2000 06:20:32
Message: <397d69f0@news.povray.org>
"Mike" <Ama### [at] aolcom> wrote in message

| The link http://jove.prohosting.com/~omnivers/raytraces/anims/flightmw.mpg
| works for me.
|
| Prohosting free service isn't what it was when I first signed up.  In
addition
| to the new ad banners, they did something so that you have to go to
another
| web page that says "to continue downloading this file..."  Therefore you
can't
| link directly to a file like you used to.  It also seems to cause problem
with
| windows media player, so the file needs to be saved to disk before
opening.

Thanks Mike, that's at least an explanation not read about anywhere, but I
think I fouled it up now by changing "permissions" on it and the parent
folder... poof! it all disappeared.  Will have to check into uploading again
later.
I looked around at other places and ProHosting still has enough going for it
over those, amount of space being a big reason.  Other places want even more
control over how files are done, so in the meantime I'll keep this one.
Bothersome as it may be to all.

Bob