POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : flight over fractal mountains and lakes [~577KB Mpg] : flight over fractal mountains and lakes [~577KB Mpg] Server Time
5 May 2024 09:58:16 EDT (-0400)
  flight over fractal mountains and lakes [~577KB Mpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 24 Jul 2000 20:14:37
Message: <397cdbed@news.povray.org>
Christoph's Icy Coast image at p.b.i. had me wanting to do a fly-over of a
ridged multifractal landscape (again).  This was originally a 480x240 pixel
panoramic view without AA (it smudged the sharp details even at +a1.0 +r1)
so was a fairly fast render at about 2m 45s a frame, 240 frames.  To get it
uploadable here I had to rescale and encode at a terrible bit-rate in Video
Mach 2, so it actually does look much better in the 8 megabyte version.  I
thought I had the isosurface doing okay until I realized there's a slice of
sunlight shining through a mountain into the shadow around midway through
the animation.  Not visible in this degraded mpeg.
A slope dependant texture I've had a while is modified for this.  I hope to
get a better file uploaded to a web space later on, in the meantime I hope
this one at least plays after taking the time to D/L it.

Bob
--
omniVerse http://users.aol.com/persistenceofv/all.htm

Post a reply to this message