POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Rebuilt pose2pov : Re: Rebuilt pose2pov Server Time
26 Jun 2024 08:25:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rebuilt pose2pov
From: Halbert
Date: 24 Jul 2000 16:19:02
Message: <397ca4b6@news.povray.org>
After you have loaded the .udo in Moray, try using the texture editor to
create a new texture. Create a pigment inside the texture, then select
"image_map" for the type of pigment. There should be a little button that
will let you browse to find your .png map image. After you've done that,
then use the "Assign" button to give your object that texture. Let me know
how you make out in any case!

> I'll try it all again tonight. I'm looking forward to getting back to
actual
> modelling and rendering and not just fiddling with file formats and
converters
> which I seem to have been doing for way too long!

I know exactly what you mean! I went through the same thing the first time I
tried the new uv mapped texture.

> If this works out then the "only" outstanding problem (other than the
> clumsiness of the whole process (Poser, Moray, POV, Poser2POV, UVmapper,
> Paintshop pro) thats 6 programs!) is that the UDO is a single mesh. Means
that

Now you know one reason why so many people use only the scripting language
and no modeler. I do really like using modelers (esp. NURBS) but I spend
alot more time dinking around with the pov script than anything else.

HH