POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spline problems (MegaPOV) : Re: Spline problems (MegaPOV) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spline problems (MegaPOV)
From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 22 Jul 2000 03:27:48
Message: <39794BC3.5E3C9883@skynet.be>
Mike Williams wrote:

> Here's a little bit of a clue about what's going on:-
>
> The problem doesn't really happen during the last pass of the loop, it
> happens after the loop has completed. If you add an extra #debug
> statement *after* the #init_3d_spline command, you can see that the
> parsing of the last spline appears to have completed successfully.
>
> Another feature of the problem is that it is related to the #while
> processing. It's possible to solve the problem by the rather inelegant
> mechanism of unwinding the #while loop, and having a long series like
> this:-

Well, I think this could definitely be called a bug :-(
(which is annoying, because I need this "feature" in my next IRTC
 entry)

I even tried to simulate a loop using #include file, but the
issue is the same...

I finally had to make a script that write every sentence into a file,
as in your example.  It works nicely, but lacks the elegance and
versatility it would have if I could use "ordinary" loops.

Fabien.