POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Air Force 1, the movie : Re: PovRay Movie? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay Movie?
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 19 Jul 2000 07:15:39
Message: <39758DB2.A8250547@buckosoft.com>
GrimDude wrote:

> I would sure like to see a Pov-Ray generated movie.

Come over to my house.  I run POV-Ray movies all da time.
640x480 MPEG-1 through a Netstream MPEG decoder with two outputs;
15" Office TV (i gotta remember to stop using (pigment {Red} == SATURATED))
24" Monitor (1920x1200) with the movie doubled up to 1280x960.

I have a one minute short "Through the eyes of a child" and my new one...

> Something like the
> "Veggie Tales" series wouldn't be too hard to do in Pov! :)

"Reefer Magnets" - The story of a boy and his beer.  Which has some shades
of Veggie Tales in it (well a piece of brocolli anyway)

+++
I just finished adding png support to mpeg_encode, which i believe is much better
than cmpeg.  I'll probably release it after i convert the postscript docs to
some DosHead format (html?).

I'm having shit luck getting mpeg2_encode to work (which i want to try to press DVD
readable CDs).  I keep having this out-of-body mobious strip experience where i dream
i can feed pov pics as a video signal to my awesome mpeg2 hardware video encoder.
But then, that would be an mpeg2 signal eh?

With mpeg2_encode, i keep getting buffer underruns during high motion frames
(i.e. move the camera).  I did get a "correct" mpeg-1 out of it that was BIG and
sloppy (lots of quantized macroblocks = low res)

Hmm, it just occurred to me that i've never tried taping an MPEG-1 even though
my VCR is the video switch to my TV. Doh!

--
dik        _,--"