POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rotate on local axis? : Re: Rotate on local axis? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rotate on local axis?
From: ryan constantine
Date: 18 Jul 2000 05:00:04
Message: <39741C4F.3B3F90E5@yahoo.com>
also, you could look at moray-generated-pov-code.  moray uses local
coords for just about every object.  pov doesn't directly support local
object coordinates, so moray does a trick.  let's take a unit cube (1
unit from center in all axes) for example.  say you want the local
coords to be  .5 along the x direction.  first, move the model -0.5 in
the x direction.  your local coord point now rests on the origin.  after
this translation so your scale, rotation, and final translation, in that
order.  if you move the local origin in all three axes, simply add them
to your initial translation.  rinse.  repeat as needed.