POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : attn: pov programmers : Re: attn: pov programmers Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:25:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: attn: pov programmers
From: Pabs
Date: 17 Jul 2000 00:52:06
Message: <39729084.4D2774F5@hotmail.com>
Chris Huff wrote:

> This sort of "inside-out" camera should be fairly easy to do...though I
> have never really looked at that portion of the code. I think an
> "inverse_spherical" camera would be more useful than the cylinderical
> version, since you could map the top and bottom at the same time as the
> front and sides.
> It wouldn't work with all objects, for example, objects with holes
> running through them or parts overlapping each other, but it could be
> useful for many cases.

How 'bout this: adding "inverse" to the camera would make it the corresponding
inverse type & if there is no corresponding type the POV would show a warning
- <camtype> cannot be inverted, using non-inverted camera.
I wonder how the images would look for these weird cams.
Also what about an object_cam - to find the initial ray points you might trace
from a point like the spherical cam and where those traces hit the object you
start tracing and the ray directions would be the surface normals at those
points.

--
Bye
Pabs