POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rotation with axis location specified? : Rotation with axis location specified? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Rotation with axis location specified?
From: Andrew Sumner
Date: 16 Jul 2000 20:15:41
Message: <3972502A.6B8EC604@bigfoot.com>
Hi, I'm not sure I can describe this correctly, but here goes..

I have a complex CSG (a human arm) that I'd like to rotate
at the shoulder.  Unfortunately, the standard rotate command
will turn it at the center of the object, which moves the shoulder
way off beam, requiring painstaking translate experimentation to
get it back to where it should be.

Is there a macro or method for specifying where the rotation
axis should be for an object, rather than it using the object's
center?

I apologise if this is a naive question - I'm new to Povray.

Cheers,
-Andrew