POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Doing data-visualization...But HowTo do it ??? : Re: Doing data-visualization...But HowTo do it ??? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Doing data-visualization...But HowTo do it ???
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 16 Jul 2000 17:32:52
Message: <39722a04@news.povray.org>
In article <397220e1@news.povray.org> , "Jan Walzer"
<wal### [at] informatikuni-hallede> wrote:

> Than I thought, using a CSG-operation of a cylinder and a
> well-scaled/rotated cube, but this would be quite complicated to
> compute, and will only work if the piece has a bit more than 0
> degrees and a bit less than 180 degrees ...

Use two planes instead of a cube and a CSG intersection.  If you place the
cylinder and planes at the origin, you can use a "rotate" attribute along
the cylinder axis to create pie pieces with the planes.  This will allow you
to create pieces in any size with the size measured in degrees.

      Thorsten

Example (not tested):

intersection
{