POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Doing data-visualization...But HowTo do it ??? : Doing data-visualization...But HowTo do it ??? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:26:58 EDT (-0400)
  Doing data-visualization...But HowTo do it ???
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 16 Jul 2000 16:53:53
Message: <397220e1@news.povray.org>
I'm about to write some macros, for making some statistics with
povray ...
Creating diagrams with lines and bars semm quite easy, also for
2D-Diagrams showing surfaces ...

But how can I create a pie-chart ???
I don't want do do it with simple texturing on a cylinder, using
a radial gradient, but I want to have all segments of my pie as
own segments, to move them (later).

But how can I create all the pie-pieces ???
I thougt about an Isosurface, but that's quite slow and not
POV3.1 compatible...
Than I thought, using a CSG-operation of a cylinder and a
well-scaled/rotated cube, but this would be quite complicated to
compute, and will only work if the piece has a bit more than 0
degrees and a bit less than 180 degrees ...

Currently I think the isosurf would be the easier alternative,
but there must be another way of doing this ...

Can't I limit a cylinder to some degrees to use ???

--

 ,',    Jan Walzer      \V/  http://wa.lzer.net     ,',
',','   student of      >|<  mailto:jan### [at] lzernet ',','