POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rolling balls, appropriate rotation equation. : Re: Rolling balls, appropriate rotation equation. Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rolling balls, appropriate rotation equation.
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 15 Jul 2000 16:04:58
Message: <3970c3ea@news.povray.org>
I have an isosurface that is rolling hills based on the noise3d function.

At time increment n,  I know the tangent is at pt x1,y2,z1.
At time increment n+1, I know the tangent is at pt. x2,y2,z2.

I know the distance between the two, and the time increment is so small that
I don't think I'll be harmed by assuming it's a straight line. Even with a
straight line on an inclined plane, I have no idea how the ball should
roll.  The 1d & 2d solutions are trivial.

What is the rotation