POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : nosy parker : Re: nosy parker Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: nosy parker
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 11 Jul 2000 11:26:25
Message: <396b3ca1@news.povray.org>
Thought I was in the p.o-t. group at first.
Just occured to me, wonder whatever happened to Govert Zoethout and those
thought provoking images he always posted with letters for titles?
Back on-topic:
Well, it pains me to think any POV-Ray developer might not be ray tracing some
works of art, if so many of us are in that same boat  ;-)  except remember
that art is subjective and such.
It's a lot to do with the fascinating computer-generation side of it all too
probably, at least I sure get a thrill out of knowing the pictures are
actually comprised of 1's and 0's.
And you couldn't say everyone is a great artist or great programmer, just many
more in-betweens.  I'm content with being that, if I can even dare say I'm
in-between, so long as I don't dwell on it too long  :-)
I often wonder how much is done by the POV-Team renderwise because it seems to
go along with the job title (pardon my language please).  Demo scenes are all
we ever see from them practically.  You'd have to go looking up their names
for web pages of uploaded stuff besides.  Something I have seldom done.

Bob