POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hey Ken! : Re: Hey Ken! Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:27:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hey Ken!
From: Peter Toneby
Date: 13 Jul 2000 21:22:35
Message: <396E6B5A.23F120E6@acc.umu.se>
"C.J." wrote:

> They are right. Blenders interface leaves a lot to be desired, but I have
> been finding it easier since I've downloading some tutorials from some
> blender sites. Also they have no online help system at all, so every time
> you need to find a question you will have to either go online and hunt for
> it or they do sell a manual. This of course just makes me appreciate all the
> work put into POV-Ray all the more.
> The good news about blender is once you start to get over the initial
> learning curve, Blender has a lot to offer. Once I am more confident with
> blenders interface I will begin work on a multi-part tutorial that goes from
> modeling in blender to exporting, to conversion, to rendering in POV-Ray.
> Hmmm.....I think I must have bumped my head....

I have been using blender since at least 1.55 (probably one or 2
versions earlier),
and I really had major problems at first, but within a few days (much
less than for
3Dstudio Max R2) I was able to do quite advanced stuff, and the
tutorials available
are quite good, but as stated by others it's very hard at first, but
spacekey is your
friend ;).

On to nurbana, I have played a little with it now, and it seems to be
waaay to
early in development to be useful, but is does show promise, and it has
quite a
quick interface (very blenderlike). But in a while it should be usable.

/Peter