POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : nosy parker : Re: nosy parker Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:27:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: nosy parker
From: Mike
Date: 11 Jul 2000 10:06:21
Message: <396B35CE.8A57C363@aol.com>
> Why do the developers of POV-Ray do it?

I'm not sure if I count as a developer.  The motivation for me is a desire for
a particular feature.  If someone else was willing to do it, I'd be happy to
let them, but there is only so much each person can do.  Collectively it winds
up as something pretty amazing though.

> The fame, the glory, the fast cars,
> the hot chicks?....

That would be nice.

> Second question, and I'm really not being rude here just curious, do any of
> the POV developers trace a lot of stuff - most of the pages I've visited,
> such as Ron's, are fairly sparsely populated when it comes to actual
> ray-tracing....

I trace more than I program, or at least I used to.  When you're programming,
you tend to make a lot of demo scenes and not too much complex artsy shyt.
It's really hard to do both.  Maybe when scientists find a cure for sleep...

-Mike