POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : nosy parker : Re: nosy parker Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:23:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: nosy parker
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 11 Jul 2000 08:20:52
Message: <396B11DB.C966F59A@aetec.ee>
Tom Melly wrote:

> Just out of curiosity....
>
> Why do the developers of POV-Ray do it? The fame, the glory, the fast cars,
> the hot chicks?....

Egomaniacs, what else ;-)

> Second question, and I'm really not being rude here just curious, do any of
> the POV developers trace a lot of stuff - most of the pages I've visited,
> such as Ron's, are fairly sparsely populated when it comes to actual
> ray-tracing....
As I see it, there is 2 types of POV-Ray users: one type can create good
pictures (H.E.Day, G. Tran, J. Piqueres, M. Semprini to name few),
others know how to program it. Here second type could be divided to 2
separate parts as well: those who know well source code and those, who
know know well POV-Ray language. It is called Specialization, I
believe...
Of course some of users can do fairly well in all 3 categories (or in
1st and 3rd).
Unfortunately I with my abilities don't belong to any of above mentioned
group, my top achievements are represented in p.o-t. :-(