POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Text : Re: Text Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:22:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Text
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 9 Jul 2000 02:07:36
Message: <396816a8@news.povray.org>
"Fabien Mosen" <fab### [at] skynetbe> wrote in message

| It worked fine with MP 0.4, but it seems that 0.5 has a bug which
| makes rendering of extended chars impossible (it stops with an error).

Must be the font, I've tried it in M.P. 0.5 and it did render.  Not really OK
though because it seems I get erroneous characters using different fonts or
codes.  Turned out I was rendering so small a test image I mistook the
character for a different one than what had been placed into the 'text'
object.
I suppose the error you get says "truetype.c" in it?  That's what I see if the
font can't produce the requested character.
Seems I was still answering hastily the second reply I gave you. Sorry about
that.  Someone else will need to come up with a real answer for you,
hopefully.

Bob