POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PovRay, Lightflow, & the PovTeam : Re: PovRay, Lightflow, & the PovTeam Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:17:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay, Lightflow, & the PovTeam
From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 5 Jul 2000 13:24:42
Message: <39636DBD.3DB5B4EB@skynet.be>
jurek wrote:

> Hy,
> you misunderstood me.
> I did not intend to buy "programming-time" from you (i think, if you all have
> jobs and familiy, there isn't any time anymore to sell..)
> I thought of buying "programming-time" from an independent company.
> Jurek

Well..
 - they first have to write the shareware you were talking about
   (I hope you didn't mean turning POV-Ray into shareware...)
 - they have to take time to support it, since its commercial
   (nobody would pay for unsupported software, even cheap shareware)
 - and even if they gather enough money to actually pay other
   programmers (which is very unlikely), they would have to take
   the time to introduce them to the team's methods, explain
   what to do and almost how to do it...

So, IMO, if one wants to help them, the best things seems to :
 - being involved into unofficial patch programming, it helps things
   get going.
 - produce nice images, it's a great motivation for them
   (I always felt that it was the real price of POV-Ray)

Fabien.