POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Push-Ball v1.0 : Re: Push-Ball v1.0 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Push-Ball v1.0
From: Eric Freeman
Date: 5 Jul 2000 01:59:51
Message: <3962ced7@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] inamecom> wrote in message

> Push-Ball v1.0 is out now.
>
> I've improved the graphical design, and commented
> all the files the best I could.  Hope you'll enjoy it!
>
> If anybody are interested in making their own bots, I
> can arrange a match where they can compete against
> each other... How to make your own bot is explained
> (to some extent) in the Push-Ball package.
>
> You can download the package from
> povray.binaries.scene-files
>
> You can see an example image in
> povray.binaries.images
>
> You can see a sample animation in
> povray.binaries.animations
>
> Greetings,
>
> Rune

I skipped over this message the first time thru, but just now stumbled
across the Push-Ball animation in p.b.a.  Very interesting concept... I'm
surprised the POV community hasn't jumped all over this.  I wasn't sure what
the balls were doing at first (didn't see the thrust source).  I thought
maybe it was magnetic or something.  I look forward to reading thru the code
and designing a bot.

Eric
http://www.datasync.com/~ericfree
"I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it."
- Erwin Schrodinger talking about Quantum Mechanics.