POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PovRay, Lightflow, & the PovTeam : Re: PovRay, Lightflow, & the PovTeam Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay, Lightflow, & the PovTeam
From: Tony[B]
Date: 4 Jul 2000 19:50:15
Message: <39627837@news.povray.org>
Although I must admit I have great respect for Lightflow and Jacopo
Pantaleoni, I would like to say I have greater regard for the POV-Ray
project, and I'm sure that this program will be better than Lightflow in due
time. The POV-Team members are very intelligent people and excellent
programmers. I think that when they do get to work on version 4.0, seeing as
version 3.5 will really only be an official MegaPOV, they'll manage to
include equivalents to all of these features we envy from Lightflow. As
Thorsten pointed out, POV-Ray is showing it's age, and is in need of an
overhaul so that we can continue to improve on it in the future. Lightflow
is very new, and was planned from the beginning to include all of these
features which it now has. Cooperation among Jacopo and the POV-Team would
be awesome, but if it can't be arranged, well then, too bad. Anyway, we can
manage. We have some new blood assisting the Team and injecting new ideas
and improving an already great program all the time. I have faith in
POV-Ray, and I'm sure it will continue to grow, and incorporate all those
neat goodies like NURBS and tesselation and fancy APIs, and whatnot.
(Right?)

--
Anthony Bennett
POVer to the end!