POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : responce to lack : Re: responce to lack Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: responce to lack
From: Rick
Date: 4 Jul 2000 06:45:52
Message: <3961c060@news.povray.org>
> : I personally
> : feel that picking on spelling a grammar mistakes is petty and
> : uncalled for.
>
>   On the other hand people will never learn to write correctly if no-one
> tells them what they are doing wrong.
>   I personally would like people telling me if I write something wrong,
but
> I have gave up long time ago because people are "too" polite for that. I
have
> no other alternative but learn english just by reading others texts.

Hey with my English, I need all the help I can get! (and I'm a native one
language man myself!).

What sickens me is the British English education system is so dire, even
most of its own citizens cannot grasp the language correctly.

I was on the dyslexic side at school, and for English ended up being dumped
to the bottom class, instead of receiving the extra help I needed. I had an
expected English GCSE grade of 'G', while for other subjects such as math
and science I was in the top sets, looking toward straight A's.

And no one thought this was odd.

Because of my poor English, it was strongly suggested to me that I drop my
main GCSE's at option time, and take supplementary education instead, in
other words, I would have finished school with no qualifications to speak
of, and have some basic life skills instead. (ready for a career on the
social, and painting park benches!!)

You can guess where I told them to stick that idea!

As I happened I retook my English at college and managed to get a D, but
that was only because my main course (IT) took priority and I let the
English course work suffer.

Rick