POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : responce to lack : Re: responce to lack Server Time
6 Oct 2024 02:46:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: responce to lack
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Date: 29 Jun 2000 17:20:49
Message: <395bbdb1$1@news.povray.org>
I'm just grateful that the Pov team and others like Ron and Nathan, have
bothered to produce povray, Without it I would never have discoved the
wonders of raytracing.  We all know that there are many difficulties with
PovRay,but instead of complaining do as others have done; roll up your
sleeves get stuck in and put your programming skills where your mouth is.

Mick

"lavender" <lav### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Grand I finally provoke a hidden pov team member to finially come out in
to the
> light and talk to me. I have triied to get this for a while now.
>
> One: Why are you programming POVRAY?
> My hope answer: To produce the best and most capable program to your
abilities.
> Why my stance: The limits you have placed on povray show you amount of
pride in
> your work. If a process is available you should not count it out just
because
> you do not want to put your time into your creation. You should try harder
> do what you have set out to do. I complaine about the pov team backing off
of
> their commitment to all of us that use the very program the team created.
It is
> called integraty. If I say I will do something I must do it. If I only go
half
> way I lack integraty.
>
> You claim how difficult it is to do what I have sudjested but I have done
just
> what I have asked with clumsey and slow code. It does not dive directly
into
> the pov code but uses Povray as an engine. That tells me that it is not
that
> difficult to do.
>
> Secondly men where able to send a person to the moon useing a slide rule
so any
> rebuff from the pov team about what can and can not be done is a result of
> their direct willingness to apply the energy required.
>
> One of these post stated that there is no other program that uses network
> rendering over multiple platforms. I would send them to the Newtek site.
>
> http://www.newtek.com
>
> Lightwave has been doing this for a very long time. And yes they have
radiosity
> also. They are driven by money. The pov team should be driven by pride.
This is