POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : responce to lack : Re: responce to lack Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:06:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: responce to lack
From: Magesitting
Date: 29 Jun 2000 16:43:29
Message: <395bb4f1$1@news.povray.org>
lavender <lav### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Grand I finally provoke a hidden pov team member to finially come out in
to the
> light and talk to me. I have triied to get this for a while now.
>
> One: Why are you programming POVRAY?
> My hope answer: To produce the best and most capable program to your
abilities.
> Why my stance: The limits you have placed on povray show you amount of
pride in
> your work. If a process is available you should not count it out just
because
> you do not want to put your time into your creation. You should try harder
> do what you have set out to do. I complaine about the pov team backing off
of
> their commitment to all of us that use the very program the team created.
It is
> called integraty. If I say I will do something I must do it. If I only go
half
> way I lack integraty.
>
> You claim how difficult it is to do what I have sudjested but I have done
just
> what I have asked with clumsey and slow code. It does not dive directly
into
> the pov code but uses Povray as an engine. That tells me that it is not
that
> difficult to do.
>
> Secondly men where able to send a person to the moon useing a slide rule
so any
> rebuff from the pov team about what can and can not be done is a result of
> their direct willingness to apply the energy required.
>
> One of these post stated that there is no other program that uses network
> rendering over multiple platforms. I would send them to the Newtek site.
>
> http://www.newtek.com
>
> Lightwave has been doing this for a very long time. And yes they have
radiosity
> also. They are driven by money. The pov team should be driven by pride.
This is
> a great accomplishment they have in creating a program such as povray with
no
> direct finatial input and limited time. To fall short now is like an
athlete
> training hard and winning some local meets and then going to the olipics
just
> to set in the stands.
>
> The Pov team has the knowlage and the ability to make Povray the most
powerfull
> program available. They just need to be pushed like an athalete to perform
at
> the level we all know they can reach.

Excuse Me?!

This is just my opinion, but that sounds a tad bit offensive.

The people who created and developed POV have shown a large amount of talent
and generosity. That should be recognized but it seems you are taking that
talent and generosity for granted. Constructive criticism is one thing, I
think you went beyond that.

Good programs are in my opinion as much art as science, and art can't be
dictated to only inspired.
Pardon my pretentiousness

P.S. Spelling and grammar do count.