POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Digitizer? : Re: Digitizer? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:14:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Digitizer?
From: Halbert
Date: 28 Jun 2000 18:42:31
Message: <395a7f57@news.povray.org>
> | See, Im not much into modelling, but I do like the animation side of 3d.
It
> | would be a really cool thing to put something really big together I
think.
> | Is this over my head? Should i leave that to the Indutrial Light &
Magics of
> | the world?  I dont want to do Jurassic Park, but I think a minor
production
> | would be fun and educational. Maybe something in the space genre?
>
> As do many people obviously.  I think your biggest challenge could be
getting
> a idea storyboarded into being first and foremost.  After that is the
second
> most difficult part, but I do wish you luck.
>
> Bob

I am a new person in this news group but I am not new to POV. I have always
kept a vigilant watch for POV related stuff on the web but this one got by
me for a very long time. I am very interested in this project but I have not
become involved with it (yet).
http://www.imp.org/
The Internet Movie Project. A Project to create a feature length film using
POV as the renderer. They say it began as a thread in c.g.r.r and took off
from there. I saw a remark about it saying that over 200 people are
involved. The date on the web page is discouragingly long ago, but hopefully
they have not abandoned it or let it become stagnant.
Halbert