POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVRAY.ORG Links page updated #4 : Re: POVRAY.ORG Links page updated #4 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRAY.ORG Links page updated #4
From: Ken
Date: 28 Jun 2000 23:52:49
Message: <395AC71C.FCC98EED@pacbell.net>
Ken wrote:

> You MAY experience some difficulties connecting with povray.org
> at this time. This is due to circumstances beyond our control
> and we are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

This issue was resolved last night. However we would like to know
if anyone else experienced problems accessing povray.org within
the last few days.

The POV-Ray website is part of a trial of a new web caching scheme.
The web server that you were beening pointed at by the cache stuff
was not functioning properly and was basically telling your browser
this ...

<HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="0" URL="http://www.povray.org/"></HEAD>

which of course would caused your browser to fetch the page again,
and again, ...

If anyone had a problem please let me know so I can let the proper
people know and so that they can deal with it.

Thanks,

--
Ken Tyler