POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Digitizer? : Re: Digitizer? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Digitizer?
From: Ken
Date: 28 Jun 2000 19:19:14
Message: <395A86FC.1858EB7@pacbell.net>
Halbert wrote:

> I am a new person in this news group but I am not new to POV. I have always
> kept a vigilant watch for POV related stuff on the web but this one got by
> me for a very long time. I am very interested in this project but I have not
> become involved with it (yet).
> http://www.imp.org/
> The Internet Movie Project. A Project to create a feature length film using
> POV as the renderer. They say it began as a thread in c.g.r.r and took off
> from there. I saw a remark about it saying that over 200 people are
> involved. The date on the web page is discouragingly long ago, but hopefully
> they have not abandoned it or let it become stagnant.
> Halbert

While not dead completely it is not moving very fast either. I am
skeptical about the member count because I think the project lost
momentum and people have become bored and lost inteterest. I am
one of the earliest members and still follow the project with
interest. Since I mainly wish to contribute modelling time, and
no real tasks have been assigned yet, I am in limbo waiting for
my time to contribute.

If you are really interested in the project become a memeber
and subscribe to the mailing list. While not as active as it
should be perhaps some new blood mixed with a little enthusiasm
will breath new life into the project.