POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How do you make really transparent glass? : How do you make really transparent glass? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:21:04 EDT (-0400)
  How do you make really transparent glass?
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 27 Jun 2000 21:53:36
Message: <39595aa0@news.povray.org>
I have been trying to model a hollow glass sphere (cut in half via a clipped
plane)  Whenever I place the glass object over some steel stuff
(polished_chrome) the part under the glass becomes pretty dark compared to
the same stuff outside the glass.  I know that some light will be reduced
but is there any way to let the light come through 99% or so?  I can
increase the ambient level of the steel under the glass but then it starts
to look "plasticky."  I would like to retain the "reflectivity" of the glass
just allow enough light back through so I don't have to mess with the steel
ambient level.

Here is the object code:

#declare Dome =
difference {