POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Two Blobs (14 KB) : Re: Two Blobs (14 KB) Server Time
5 May 2024 04:38:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Two Blobs (14 KB)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 27 Jun 2000 03:44:35
Message: <39585b63@news.povray.org>
"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tto### [at] onlineno> wrote in message

| Jerome wrote:
|
| >         trace()?
|
| No ... ehh .... what is trace() ?
| Is it a function in one of the new patches ?
|
| I'm only using plain POV v3.1.
|
| A macro I made calculates where the surface of a blob is.
| (The red one in this image.) I used information from this macro
| to place the spheres in second blob (the white one).
|
| The removing of the "ice" in some areas is done by inserting some
| spheres with negative strength randomly around on the surface.

Figured there had to be negative strength blob at work here.  It's great,
except your macro might very well become extinct because of 'trace()',
although only in that the check for blob surface would no longer be
manually(?) done.
MegaPov ( http://www.nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm ) is what has the trace
function, useable for locating surfaces and their normals.

Bob