POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation of high density mesh data : Re: Animation of high density mesh data Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation of high density mesh data
From: Pabs
Date: 27 Jun 2000 01:38:55
Message: <39583E21.46CF197A@nospamthanks.hotmail.com>
Dongho Kim wrote:

> Thanks a lot.
>
> I can use version 0.5 because I don't even know the differences
> between the versions. :-)

This taken from Nathan's page
      June 1, 2000 - WinMegaPov 0.5a
        1.removed GIF support (potential legal issues regarding the Unisys patent)
        2.fixed docs for pigment_pattern
        3.fixed disc problems (removed fastdiscpatch)
        4.fixed long filename support in the Windows version
        5.fixed bug with photons on average texture
        6.fixed bug with media method 3 when samples = 1
        7.fixed bug with parsing backwards compatibility and unofficial version number
        8.added fastspherepatch
        9.added fastpolypatch
       10.fixed "bug" with mesh (MegaPov did not ignore degenerate triangles if uv
mapping was used in the triangle)
       11.fixed bug with ttf
       12.fixed bug with csqr

> (Actually, I came to know today that there is MegaPOV.)
> But I don't know where to get version 0.5 or 0.4.
> It is not on the ftp site.
> Please let me know the place or
> I will appreciate if somebody sends it to me.
> I need the source code as well because I have to add some feature
> for my own use.

I have it at home (src & exe) so I'll mail it to you tomorrow if no-one else has (post
message here if someone does)
all up its about 1.5 Mb (docs src exe) - demos haven't changed from 0.5 to 0.5a

--
Bye
Pabs