POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation of high density mesh data : Re: Animation of high density mesh data Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:34:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation of high density mesh data
From: Pabs
Date: 27 Jun 2000 00:46:58
Message: <395831F4.490DAAEA@nospamthanks.hotmail.com>
Dongho Kim wrote:

> I understand.
> But in my case, the mesh seems to be parsed again even if
> I use #ifndef directive as you explained.
> And it takes the same time for parsing.
>
> I tested simple one as follows instead of putting the mesh.
>
> #ifndef (done)
> #warning "parsing started"
> sphere {<0 0 0>, 1}
> #declare done = 1;
> #warning "parsing ended"
> #end
>
> It prints out "parsing started" and "parsing ended" in every frame.
> I think these messages should not be printed from the second frame
> if the variable "done" remains in the rendering of the second frame.
> I am sure that I wrote "Persistent_Animation=yes" in the INI file.
>
> What did I miss now?
> Thanks for your help.

You didn't miss anything - I think there are some bugs
I did some testing with persistent animation on using

#version unofficial MegaPov 0.5;//or 0.4 for the wmp0.4 test
light_source{5, rgb 1 }
camera{location 5 look_at 0 }
#ifndef(done)
#warning "parsing started\n"
sphere {<0 0 0>, 1 pigment{rgb 1}label sph}
#declare done = 1;
#warning "parsing ended\n"
#end

wmp0.5a doesn't work properly - maybe a bug in how variables are treated - looks
like they are killed after each frame - aren't they supposed to live until the
last frame has been traced
wmp0.5 works as expected as does wmp0.4

So either just use wmp 0.5 for your anim or ask Nathan to fix this & release
MegaPOV 0.6 :)
The first option is probably better at this time as he is supposed to be busy with
"life" or something

Also Nathan if you read this why aren't lights allowed to be persistent - they are
treated as objects in every other aspect (and the camera for that matter and
anything else you care to throw in)
--
Bye
Pabs