POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation of high density mesh data : Re: Animation of high density mesh data Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:35:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation of high density mesh data
From: Dongho Kim
Date: 26 Jun 2000 22:08:10
Message: <39580EF7.94E47FD0@seas.gwu.edu>
Thanks for the help.
I tried persistence option with MegaPOV.
It does not seem to work.

What I did is...
1. Put unofficial version statements in my pov file and inc file
   containing mesh data.
2. Put Persistent_Animation=yes in INI file.
3. change the mesh data into like this.
  mesh {
      smooth_triangle <...>
      smooth_triangle <...>
        ... (over 200K triangles)

      label myMesh         <-- I added this line
  }

But the required time for the second frame is the same as the first one.
Is there anything missing here?

I think that...
Reading in large data file does not require so much time.
Maybe the long set up time is required to construct space subdivision
data structure for ray tracing and this time is huge because of the
number of triangles.
If the feature of MegaPOV skips only reading the data file
and it has to construct data structure for the ray tracing again,
the total required time will not be reduced.
Is this correct?

Any idea? Please...