POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov-Ray 3.5 InfO? : Re: Pov-Ray 3.5 InfO? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:26:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov-Ray 3.5 InfO?
From: Ken
Date: 26 Jun 2000 20:41:58
Message: <3957F76D.F2BBCC63@pacbell.net>
TigerHawk wrote:

> I was hunting around povray.org/links and found a small refrence to
> Pov-Ray 3.5 (actually a feature expected to be in 3.5). I was wondering
> if there was any place that could give me information on the upcomming
> edition, like a feature list (what's new type of thing) etc.?

Officially:

There is no public information yet available as to what features
will be included in POV-Ray v3.5. This is in keeping with the
POV-Team's current policy of feature non-disclosure prior to a
new release.

Unofficially:

You can expect that many of the features that are included in
the patched version of POV-Ray called "MegaPov" will indeed be
included in the next official release of the program. Not all
will make the cut nor can you be assured that the syntax used
in the patch will make it into the official version but most
things will be close enough that you can get a general idea
of what to expect.

MegaPov - http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm

--
Ken Tyler - POV-Ray Technical Assistance Group Member