POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What's wrong with povray? : Re: What's wrong with povray? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:24:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What's wrong with povray?
From: John VanSickle
Date: 25 Jun 2000 14:15:18
Message: <39564C10.1E97B5D8@erols.com>
"Tony[B]" wrote:

> > only a very few programs are useable for movies.
>
> That is so true. Every time I read about how they made the latest
> effects for X or Y movie, you read, in every one, for example, we used
> Maya and "in-house tools". This little phrase you will find
> everywhere.

And if you go look at the job offerings for the firms that do heavy
computer graphics work, you'll see a few requests for programmers.
I just went to www.bigidea.com, and it's the case there, even though
they're using Maya.

This is partially due to the inability to anticipate everything a
project might need (when developing the commercially-available tools),
and also the fact that genuine photorealism for all objects is still a
long way off.

Regards,
John
--