POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : gear code... finished i think : Re: gear code... finished i think Server Time
26 Jun 2024 08:48:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: gear code... finished i think
From: Loial Raven
Date: 24 Jun 2000 01:17:50
Message: <395444C0.BEACE2A7@telus.net>
Loial Raven wrote:

> Eeek, my mistake... there is an error in the code in the
> gear_tooth_base_style = 1, or the bezier tooth base part...
>
> um, i'll have it working problerly in a little bit hopefully...
>
> sorry for blamming others, at first it was intermittent, i'll track it down.

ok... fixed... i think it is accually a problem with povray after all... the
fix was very strange...
pretty much all i did was instead of handing a macro a 2d vector straight from
the output of another macro, i handed it a 2d vector of the .u and .v portions
of the other macro's output.
    make_3d_point(bezier_value(_bezier_points, i*step))
     became:

make_3d_point(<bezier_value(_bezier_points,i*step).u,bezier_value(_bezier_points,i*step).v>)

which is extreamly strange since the make_3d_point uses the .u and .v parts
just as the above line does...
why does this make a difference?

well, hope it works now compleatly...
     the Loial Raven