POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Strange little annoyance.... : Re: Strange little annoyance.... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange little annoyance....
From: Scott Hill
Date: 22 Jun 2000 11:02:13
Message: <39522a75@news.povray.org>
"Richard Speir" <bxm### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> When I started MegaPov 0.5 for windows today, it started giving me
> general protection faults before it was even finished loading...

...Has anyone
> else experienced this or know what may have caused it?

    Had no problems like that yet.
    In fact the only problem I have with MegaPOV is that photons mapping
takes far too long - I wanna scene of thousands of media-filled glass
isosurfaces in a dusty room, I want really cool caustics and I want 'em NOW!
(oh and I'll probably want it animated!) Guess I'll just have to save up for
a supercomputer, or wait for quantum computers to arrive.... :-(

--
Scott Hill. (sco### [at] innocentcom)
Software Engineer.

*Everything in this post is IMO.*