POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New POV-Ray page design ? : Re: New POV-Ray page design ? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New POV-Ray page design ?
From: Scott Hill
Date: 22 Jun 2000 10:33:07
Message: <395223a3@news.povray.org>
"Tony[B]" <ben### [at] panamac-comnet> wrote in message
> > PS: Please keep in mind that the POV-Team - unlike large companies -
does
> > not have the money or time to employ a whole department of usability
> experts
> > and web designers to create a "perfect" site.
>
> Don't they have a TAG-Team? Can't they make a special team for the website
> design and maintenance? I'm sure lots of people here would devote their
time
> to helping. I know I would. I have Photoshop. I can be of great
assistance,
> with this powerful tool.

    Agreed. It amazes me how often we hear about how the POV team 'can't do
everything'. I don't think anyone expects anything like that from them -
sure we criticise, but, speaking purely for myself, it's intended to be
constructive - I, and I'm sure everyone else, wants POV to be cast in the
best light possible - hell, who wouldn't.
    So, come on POV team, there's a whole host of talent out here, all
devoted to POV, utilise that resource! Need some web-authoring done for the
new site ? Just ask, it's quite clear we have talented web-designers (or is
just vociferous ones ?) frequenting these groups, I'm sure somebody out
there has the time to help out. Need some fancy examples of POV's features ?
Just ask, hell, I'm sure a good number of those reading this knows something
about POV or has developed a technique in POV that everyone else hasn't even
thought about.

--
Scott Hill. (sco### [at] innocentcom)
Software Engineer.