POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug when animating the angle of the camera : Re: Bug when animating the angle of the camera Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:25:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug when animating the angle of the camera
From: Remco Poelstra
Date: 21 Jun 2000 15:26:07
Message: <39516BB2.2CEFDCD2@home.nl>
Chris Huff wrote:

> Perspective projection:
> ... The viewing angle has to be larger than 0 degrees and smaller than
> 180 degrees.
> (severely clipped to save space)

I looked at the angle page of the camera, there it was not specified.
But you are right.

> > I pulled it on 179 and added a clock, to see the differences, between
> > no angle and full angle.
> > Povray then seg faults when creating the vista light buffers.
>
> Does this happen without using clock? Have you tried using #debug to
> make sure your angle value is within the 0-180 range?

Without clock everything is fine.
Well, it's a bit my error. When multiplexing angle with clock, the first
value is 0.
But I think povray should give a message if such an error is made (like
when you specify an angle >= 180) and not seg fault.

Remco Poelstra