POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New POV-Ray page design ? : Re: New POV-Ray page design ? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:25:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New POV-Ray page design ?
From: Chris Cason
Date: 21 Jun 2000 09:37:54
Message: <3950c532@news.povray.org>
> I don't see the problem with the brown colors themselves, except that it's
> almost obvious that they were chosen to accompany the 1e6 yrs BC-look-alike-gall1.

Rubbish. Total rot. Nonsense. Twaddle. Etc.

The fact is I went searching for a good image to fit on the right-hand side
that was a similar shape and colour to the left-hand menu. I found that in
the IRTC (in fact it's Nathan O'Brien's work).

I don't mind people complaining about the colours etc but I get annoyed when
I see folks trying to put words in my mouth. Please be more considerate. I
do this for free on top of a very busy professional life. If you don't like
it, that's one thing, but it's unreasonable and disrespectful of you to make
up ludicrous claims like I'd base an entire web site's colour scheme on one
single image. It is absurd and frankly quite insulting. The image was chosen
because it suited the colour scheme, not the other way around, and that's a
fact whether you like it or not.

I don't really want to get involved in any argument about what is and what
is not 'good web design'. It's impossible to please everyone.

So please, people, don't follow this message up with any further comments
about the site, or I'll just nuke the entire thread and stop reading your
feedback altogether (yes, I *have* been reading it, and will probably change
things to give more contrast, amongst other tweaks).

-- Chris Cason
   POV-Ray Team Co-ordinator

PS FWIW, I got the inspiration (if you can call it that) for the colour
scheme from www.planetquake.com. I personally like muted, dark schemes and
took the advice of the old saying 'if you can't please everybody you might
as well please yourself'. It's impossible to please every user about the
scheme, so there's no use even trying.