POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New POV-Ray page design ? : Re: New POV-Ray page design ? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:27:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New POV-Ray page design ?
From: Simen Kvaal
Date: 21 Jun 2000 04:56:23
Message: <39508337@news.povray.org>
>IIRC comic sans is a default style-sheet font, hence its apparent over-use.
>Where is comic sans showing up? (I can't see it anywhere, which makes me
>think I'm defaulting to another font) - oh, wait, do you mean on the menu
>bar?

The Comic Sans over-use is not only due to it being a default style-sheet
font. No, it's bundled with every copy of every damn version of Windows, and
has been for ages. (I fnot bundled, then very often installed by "default"
MS-products and also free download from MS.com). Besides Times and Arial,
this is one of the very few fonts regular people have to choose from, and
when they want something "informal" and "funny-looking" they choose Comic
Sans. As you see, it's used in the menu; not in the site itself, and IMO
another [free] font would look much better without distorting the rest of
whatever design philosophy the designer might have.

I don't see the problem with the brown colors themselves, except that it's
almost obvious that they were chosen to accompany the 1e6 yrs
BC-look-alike-gall1. I guess it boils down to personal taste here. (Not the
case with Comic Sans, though. Okay, it might, but then it's not _good_
taste.)

Regards,
Simen Kvaal.