POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New POV-Ray page design ? : Re: New POV-Ray page design ? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New POV-Ray page design ?
From: Tony[B]
Date: 21 Jun 2000 00:56:39
Message: <39504b07@news.povray.org>
> What do people think ?

In five words: I think it is _horrible_. I would just dump that design
altogether, and start from scratch. I hate the little menus (@1280x1024),
and the beveled buttons. That sucks. I would go with something like they
have on tag.povray.org, only darker. I think a text interface is much
better, with CSS and some JS like on http://tolkien.sweeetnet.com (menu on
the left). I like that. Or, they could make it a 3D interface, like on
http://www.softimage.com. That's a nice look, IMHO.

Also, the girl is totally out of place. Although she certainly shows off the
fact that POV can handle meshes, she just doesn't fit in. I would put her in
a complete scene, to show the use of the model, and display it in a nice 3D
situation, with nice lighting, like in Gilles' scenes.

Don't you agree?