POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Strange little annoyance.... : Strange little annoyance.... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Strange little annoyance....
From: Richard Speir
Date: 21 Jun 2000 00:04:42
Message: <39503FC9.25AEB32D@hotmail.com>
When I started MegaPov 0.5 for windows today, it started giving me
general protection faults before it was even finished loading.  I tried
starting it again, and this time, I get a dialog box giving me errors
concerning the editor....POV seemed to run, but it wouldn't let me open
or edit any files -- these options were greyed out and unavailable under
the menus.  I decided to try running the official version of POV to see
if the same thing happened.....it worked perfectly fine.  Mega runs fine
too, now that I have run the official version.  I haven't changed any
settings recently, that I know of -- it just happened.  Just thought I'd
share this experience with everyone else....seems kinda odd.  Has anyone
else experienced this or know what may have caused it?