POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New POV-Ray page design ? : Re: New POV-Ray page design ? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New POV-Ray page design ?
From: Rune
Date: 17 Jun 2000 17:54:46
Message: <394bf3a6@news.povray.org>
"Andrea Ryan" wrote:
> How about replacing the girl with a POV mascot?  It could
> demonstrate features of POV-Ray.  The girl is not a very
> good mascot for POV.

I agree. But on the other hand, it could get a little boring with the same
mascot always being there. I think it would be better with a motive that
changes from time to time, and that's exactly what we already have! The
picture in the middle that is. I think it's the best demonstration of the
features of POV-Ray, especially if they began using some newer and better
images.

So my opinion is that it would be better if we simply skipped the girl so
the attention would go to the nice and ever-changing image in the middle. I
also think the design would be more balanced that way.

Greetings,

Rune

--
Updated June 12: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
3D images, include files, stereograms, tutorials,