POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New POV-Ray page design ? : Re: New POV-Ray page design ? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New POV-Ray page design ?
From: Rune
Date: 17 Jun 2000 17:39:24
Message: <394bf00c@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" wrote:
> Just went to the POV-Ray page looking for links, and it happens
> to have a new design !

At last something is happening!
I mean, at last something is happening that we can see!

> It looks like it's still a work in progress. I hope that there
> will be new things in the "under construction pages".

Yes.

> First remarks:
> - It certainly loads faster (javascript gone) which is better.
> - I'm not too happy with the colours which are a tad dark,

I agree. Also, I think the background color should be a lot brighter. In my
opinion dark text on bright background always look more professional than
bright text on dark background...

> and with the Poser girl, which I find too Poseresque (that
> hair, ahem..) and not a good demo for the mapping abilities
> that should be in Povray 3.5.

I agree.

> What do people think ?

Hmm, I must admit I think the design is quite unoriginal. For example the
menu to the left could easily be made more interesting without loosing
speed, nor user-friendliness.

Also, the 3D Links Collection design is horrible (sorry)! My screen
resolution is 800x600 and I have to scroll horizontally left and right all
the time just to be able to read the text! That's one of the worst things
you can do when talking about web-design, I think. (Again, sorry!)

I'm sorry, but as the design is right now I don't think it's an improvement
compared to the old design, but then, I guess it's still under development.

Hope you don't mind me being honest!

Greetings,

Rune

--
Updated June 12: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
3D images, include files, stereograms, tutorials,