POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Windows through subtraction : Windows through subtraction Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:02:20 EDT (-0400)
  Windows through subtraction
From: Chad Kruger
Date: 18 Jun 2000 00:47:40
Message: <394C5575.69B14A3D@hotmail.com>
Hello, everyone.

I'm having a bit of a problem I was hoping you could help me with.

I am attempting to model a room with some windows.  I started by
defining the room as a basic object, hollow mind you, and then subtract
boxes from the object through using the difference function.

I've tried speicifying the boxes as hollow, only the boxes as hollow,
only the room as hollow, and everything not hollow.

Instead, all I get are some black boxes exactly where the difference
should be.

Here's the code:

merge {
  difference {