POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Does anyone just use Povray? : Re: Does anyone just use Povray? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 23:34:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Does anyone just use Povray?
From: Phil Clute
Date: 17 Jun 2000 22:57:28
Message: <394C3B7D.75ACE6E0@tiac.net>
> Hey, Im using Moray, and Ive noticed alot of talk about Pov code. Does
> anyone just use Povray for modelling? Isn't that pretty hard to visualize?

I started with Moray but then I decided that I should learn how the
code works to understand Moray better... I never went back. As others
mentioned I sometimes use sPatch or Leveller for things that would be
time consuming to do without a modeller, but whenever I decide to use
one I feel like "Ugh, I have to argue with a dumb modeller again...".
Whenever I use a modeller I have to chase objects all over the place,
"a little to the left, no not that way! Oh I'm moving the wrong screen
again...I didn't mean to do that! UNDO!"
With code it's
sphere{<1,3.5,2>,0.5
       pigment{Blue}
}
...Done.

--
Phil
...coffee?...yes please! extra sugar,extra cream...Thank you.