POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image Size : Re: Image Size Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image Size
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 14 Jun 2000 04:54:11
Message: <39474833.2383C242@gmx.de>
Margus Ramst wrote:

> If I'm not mistaken, an A1 print at 1440 DPI would be 33,675 by 47,678 points.
> Granted, this is an extreme example - but even a 'mere' A4 print would be 11,904
> by 16,837 points.
> So these numbers are not quite as imossible as they might seem. Working with
> images intended for high-quality printing is a royal pain, to say the least.

Normally, you do not need a full printer resolution image for printing,
because the printer has to do rastering anyway, even though some people
recommend exactly that.

AFAIK a high quality offset print for example for illustrated books has
about 100 to 300 dpi.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>