POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : BEOS : Re: BEOS Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BEOS
From: Mr  Art
Date: 14 Jun 2000 02:48:55
Message: <39472A6C.A2602ED@gci.net>
I can use POVRay for The BeOS. I currently have to reboot to use it, but
it works well.
The installation package puts the files that you need in
/boot/apps/povray31
and the program is called from a CLI. The file povray.ini needs to be
edited
to reflect the path to the program and include directories as this is a
port from the unix source code and expects a unix style of directory
structure.

From a command line, type povray +Ishapes.pov +f to render the shapes
scene that
the Windows version runs as a test scene. As the BeOS version that you
find at
www.povray.org does not have a graphical display yet, the only way to
see your work
is to save the image and use the image viewer that comes with BeOS.
There is a
version in the works that has a graphical display much like the DOS
version, but it
isn't done yet. Maybe soon.
I hope this helps. If you would like more help with this or other things
with BeOS,
please feel free to email me### [at] mrart@gci.net

Mr. Art